They made roast butternut squash and red pepper soup. It was delicious, healthy, and cost very little to make. Next week we will be making a chicken curry.
We have included the recipe below. You can also download it by clicking here.
Roast Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 500g of butternut squash deseeded and diced
- 1 small Onion, roughly diced
- ½ red pepper deseeded and roughly diced
- 1 Carrot roughly diced
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Tip the prepared squash into a large, bag with the onion, carrots and red pepper.
- Add the oil and pepper and toss everything together until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Tip into a large roasting tin and spread out to form a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 40–45 minutes, Drizzle over the honey 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Place the large, saucepan over a medium heat, add the ginger and garlic, and fry for a minute. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then stir in the roasted vegetables. Remove the saucepan from the heat and, using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth. Return to the heat to warm through.